INTRODUCTION TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF AN OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (OHSMS) BASED ON OHSAS 18001.
This one-day training enables participants to be familiar with the basic concepts of the implementation and management of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) as specified in OHSAS 18001:2007. The participant will learn the different components of an OHSMS, including the OHSMS policy, hazard management, measuring performance, management’s commitment, internal audit, management review and continual improvement.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS).
• Staff involved in the implementation of the OHSAS 18001 standard.
• Expert advisers in Occupational Health & Safety.
• Managers responsible for implementing an OHSMS.
• To understand the fundamentals of Occupational Health and Safety.
• To know the interrelationships between OHSAS 18001 and the other occupational Health and Safety standards.
• To know the key components of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) in accordance with OHSAS 18001.
• To Introduce the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage an OHSMS.
• To Understand the relationship between an Occupational Health and Safety Management System, including hazard assessment & management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization.
• To Understand the stages of the OHSAS 18001 certification process.
• Presentation of the standards of the OHSAS 18000 family of standards.
• Introduction to management systems and the process approach.
• General requirements: presentation of OHSAS 18001 clause-by-clause.
• Implementation phases of the OHSAS 18001 framework.
• Introduction to hazard assessment and management according to OHSAS 18001.
• Continual improvement of occupational Health and Safety.
• Conducting an OHSAS 18001 certification audit.