Risk management provides a framework for organisations to manage both internal and external factors that influence whether or not objectives are met. The risk management process aids decision making by taking account of uncertainty and measuring the likelihood and consequences of the risk, and reviewing the measurement when controls are implemented. It is a process consisting of well-defined steps which, when taken in sequence support better decision making by contributing to a greater insight into risks and their impacts and is as much about identifying opportunities as it is about avoiding losses.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Members of a Risk Management team.
• Risk managers.
• Project managers.
• Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main concepts and processes in Risk Management.
• To understand Risk Management in accordance with requirements of OHSAS 18001 international standard.
• To understand the relationship between the components of Risk Management and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization.
• To know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage risk.
• To acquire the necessary knowledge to contribute in managing risk at your workplace and surrounding.
Day 1 : INTRODUCTION TO RISK MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS
• Introduction to Risk Management.
• Introduction to Risk Management standards, frameworks, and methodologies.
• Fundamental principles of Risk Management.
• Concepts and definitions related to risk management.
• Hazard identification and their consequences.
Day 2 : IMPLEMENTING TO RISK MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS
• How to calculate and Implement a risk management program.
• Risk assessment.
• Acceptance of risk and management of residual risks.
• Communicating, monitoring and controlling risk.
• Exercise on Hazard identification and risk assessment.
• This training is based on both theory and practice.
• Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases.
• Written exam and group assignment to be passed with 70% for getting certificate.
• Risk Management does not need to be rocket science and is easily and effectively implemented in organisations of all sizes from small businesses right through to large corporate.